If you suffered serious injuries in a car accident in Boise, your immediate response should be about seeking medical attention. Do not undermine your injuries, even if you don’t have extreme symptoms or pain. Once things are okay, you should call a Boise Idaho auto accident lawyer, preferably before you deal with the insurance company. Since Idaho is a fault state, you will file a third-party claim with the at-fault party’s insurer. Meeting an attorney for the first time can feel overwhelming, which is precisely why we have a few tips that can come in handy.
Just like you wouldn’t lie to your doctor about your health, you shouldn’t hide facts from an attorney either. The worth of your accident claim depends on many factors, including your action and fault. Share the best version of the incident as you remember and point out the details that may matter. Try answering these questions-
- Were you speeding when the accident happened?
- Did you have a share in fault?
- Did you call the police? Did you call 911?
- Did you wait for the investigating officer to arrive?
- Did you shout or blame the other driver after the accident?
- Did you accept blame or apologize to someone?
Once you are done sharing details of the accident, the next step is to get answers from the lawyer. You can ask both generic and specific questions like –
- How long have you been an injury lawyer in Boise?
- Do you work on auto accident claims frequently in your practice?
- What is the expected worth of my claim?
- What should I worry about?
- Can you share a few references?
- How much do I need to pay you? What are other possible expenses of the case?
- How can I improve my chances of winning a fair settlement?
- Will you work on my case, or will an associate be assigned?
The contingency fees of injury lawyers in Boise may vary. Experienced lawyers can charge more, but the usual range is 25% to 40%. The lawyer can only ask for a fee if you recover a financial settlement. There could be other expenses that the attorney can advance for now, but you will have to pay for all that later.
Hiring an auto crash lawyer is the best thing you can do after a road accident in Boise. Don’t wait for long to seek legal advice, or else you may miss out on crucial evidence.
click here for more articles.