Are you facing some issues like QuickBooks Error ps033 on your system? Don’t worry you are not the only one who is suffering from this error on your device. Here we are discussing how to resolve QuickBooks Error ps033. But firstly, you have to know about the causes of this error and why this error occurs.
QuickBooks error ps033 is the common error faced by many users when users download a payroll update or when trying to open a company file in QuickBooks. And it happens due to the damaged file in the CPS folder and it makes not able to open the company file. Or maybe you have to download the latest version of payroll updates. So it’s necessary to take a backup of your important information and the data.
Whenever this error occurs on your device then an error message will pop up on your screen like “QuickBooks can’t read your payroll setup file [PS033]”. Or “Error PS033 is caused by a damaged file in the CPS folder”. You will receive another error message when QuickBooks is not able to sync with the payroll setup “[PS033]: QuickBooks can’t read your payroll setup files. Note the message number at the beginning of this message, and click Help for troubleshooting tips to resolve this problem”.
Causes of QuickBooks Error PS033
There are the following causes of QuickBooks Error ps033:-
- When the CPS folder has corrupted and damaged files then, you will receive an error code.
- When the user renames the file of the CPS folder.
- The payroll subscription is deactivated.
- This will also occur an error message when the user inactivated the payroll subscription.
- The PS033 error in QuickBooks Desktop Files is damaged.
- If the user uses the incorrect service key then there is a chance to appear this error message.
- When you enter the incorrect or invalid Employer Identification Number(EIN) in the company file.
- When payment-related issues occur like improper use of QuickBooks downloads.
- When the QuickBooks Desktop is not compatible with the window latest version.
- If the user enters the wrong or invalid PSID in the company file then, this error will appear on your device.
- If in the inactive DDA (Direct Deposit Agreement) is more than one active payroll then this will occur on your screen.
- Wen users are unable to apply for the latest product update then you will see this error message on the system.
Note that: This is very important to make sure that you have an active payroll subscription and you have downloaded the latest version of the payroll tax table. In case, if you have a payroll subscription and your payroll is deactivated or the payroll tax table is outdated then you will receive this error message on your system.
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error PS033
There are some methods to fix your QuickBooks Error PS033. Follow all the steps correctly and solve all the issues:-
Method 1- Download the Latest Payroll Tax Table and Update it
- Firstly, go to the QuickBooks Desktop and then open it.
- Then choose the Employees option and then tap on ‘Get Payroll Update’.
- Now, click on the QuickBooks Download the entire payroll update to the latest version.
- After that, select the Update option.
- Lastly, when it has been successfully done then a window will appear.
Method 2- QuickBooks CPS folder Rename
There is a chance that there are some damaged files in the CPS folder that’s why this is suggested that to rename the QuickBooks CPS folder. If you want to rename then follow the below steps to rename the folder:-
- Firstly, go to the C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks20XX\Components\Payroll\CPS. Remember that XX is the QuickBooks version like QuickBooks2017 or QuickBooks2018.
- Then move to the CPS folder and rename it CPS folder to CP SOLD.
- At last, you can try to update the QuickBooks payroll tax table with the latest release.
Method 3- Turn off the UAC (User Account Control)
- Open the Run Command Box by pressing on the Window+R keys.
- Then type Control Panel and tap on Enter.
- After that, go to the control panel and select User Account Tab then choose the User Accounts.
- Then, click on the Change User Account Control Setting.
- When it open then move the slider Always notify to Never notify.
- Now, tap on OK to Disable UAC.
- At last, update the QuickBooks Payroll.
Method 4- Restart in Safe Mode and Troubleshoot
- In QuickBooks Desktop App start a Verify and Rebuild data.
- Then, try to Update the QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version.
- After that, restart your device in safe mode.
- Now, try to update your QuickBooks Payroll tax table with the latest version.
- Then, restart your computer.
- At last, verify whether the QuickBooks Error PS033 issue is still there or not.
Method 5- Rebuild and Verify Data
- Firstly, open your QuickBooks app in the system.
- Go to the File tab and click on it.
- Then, select the Utilities option and then click on Rebuild Data.
- After that, a warning message will appear on your screen to backup, and then click on the OK button to take backup.
- Now, on your PC save all the backup company files.
- Then, click on the enter key followed by the OK option to save it on PC.
- Now, wait for a few minutes and then click on OK.
- Your Rebuild has successfully completed.
- After rebuilding, verify the data to check the remaining damaged data.
- Then go to the File tab and click on it then click on Utility options.
- Now, Verify Data option will be there, and click on it to verify.
- Restore a backup if you did not find any error there.
- After that, select the file option and then the Restore option.
(Note: Do not overwrite existing company file)
- At last, the issue has been fixed applied.
In this article, we discuss how to resolve QuickBooks error PS033. I hope this article will be helpful for you and may resolve all your QuickBooks-related issues. You have to follow all the steps correctly to fix this error. If you have any other issues then visit our other articles also.